Day 21-22: Berkeley
September 15-16, 2013.
title: ‘Day 21-22: Berkeley’ author: Bronwyn type: post date: 2013-09-16T01:00:16+00:00 url: /day-21-22-berkeley/ categories:
I spent two very enjoyable days with friends in Berkeley. They have an extremely comfortable loft bed in their study, a very peaceful back garden featuring a grape arbor, and a couple of cats. Plus lots of good food and good company. Highlights included:
– Wandering about on Saturday and getting lost for almost two hours in REI. I found some bike clothes to replace some that were wearing thin on the clearance racks, and a new pair of bike gloves at the tag sale (selling returned goods at a discount) that was fortuitously going on at the time.
– Having dinner, ice cream with berries, and a game of Red November with a group of 4 college friends.
– A walk around Berkeley and a trip to a very good ice cream parlor (I had Thai iced tea and vanilla creme brule, and I believe I will try to reproduce both of them).
– A shopping trip to Monterey Market, which demonstrated the extreme variety of produce available around here.
– Spring roll making for dinner.